Playing the Advertised Incentives Game
The Incentives Game. It’s a game a lot of dealerships like to play in their advertising, and you’ve probably seen it before… advertisements that scream something like “$7000 in rebates!”. Whn these ads come out, typically we get some folks into the dealership who mention another dealership running this sort of ad, and ask us to match that $7000 rebate. Most of the time, we can’t… and here is why…..
What most people don’t see is the small print in the ad… something that reads “combined rebates totaling $7000 for qualified buyers” or something similar. What this means, simply, is that if you qualify for every rebate available, you can get $7000 off that new vehicle. Of course, those rebates that you have to qualify for probably add up to something like below (these are an example only). And often, the incetives they claim in the ad are not even compatible with each other (for example, how can you get the Loyalty rebate and First Time Buyer Credit?).
- $3000 model specific rebate (must be purchasing specific model and model year to qualify)
- $500 Military Rebate (must be current or ex-military to qualify)
- $500 Loyalty Rebate (Must be trading in the same brand vehicle, within year and mileage limits to qualify)
- $1000 Lease Bonus (must be coming out of a current leased vehicle to qualify)
- $1000 First Time Buyer Credit (Must be a first time buyer of that make or model to qualify)
- $500 Recent College Graduate (Must have graduated from an accredited institution within a set time period to qualify)
- $500 Public Service Credit (Must be active firefighter or peace officer to qualify)
BOOM. $7000 in available rebates…. but can you qualify for each and every one, with all the required documentation?
That’s where we at Rhinelander CDJR are different. We don’t play the Incentives Game. We will always work to get you every incentive and rebate we can, but we are not going to try to lure you in with sketchy advertising and minuscule text that leads to deceptive claims. Our goal….. a fair deal, every deal… and great customer service before, during, and after the sale.